Thursday, June 3, 2010

Barca

I am now in Barcelona.


First impressions, this is a fantastic place. Made for walking, and lots of things to discover down the many laneways and alleyways. Lots of people on motorbikes and bicycles too (including the free dropoff service). And some poor sods in cars getting nowhere any time soon, and nowhere to park (only speaking about the old city part here, the rest looks very well organised and easily navigated).


It took me about an hour to get my bearings (read - I went 90 degrees in the wrong direction and got lost!) but now I can walk around here like I've always lived here. Haven't tried the Metro yet, maybe tomorrow.


Marianne was right. I walked up to a Spanish Arc de Triomf (Barca spelling) and the Boqueteria market is brilliant - great food, colour and bustle. I've posted a couple of pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment