Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Barcelona - Street Party

I have fallen behind with my posts, partly because of the time spent at police stations and embassies, and partly because of the effect of late nights, early starts, and ridiculously early flights.


We are currently in Malta. England have just qualified for the round of 16 in the World Cup. In about half an hour we will be going for a family dinner with my brother at a restaurant. A condition of making the booking was that they show the Australia v Serbia game, not the Germany game. We are still daring to hope!

So I will have to race through some of this stuff which is a pity because there is actually a lot to say!

But I will have to start by backtracking to the day before my passport was stolen, when Marianne was sick and we were still in Barcelona.


This time we stayed in a suburb named Gracia. I think I would classify it as a suburb that has a lot more upside than downside in terms of future development. But it was okay. We had our own "Spanish Apartment" which was okay but in terms of things working etc, but only just! There was some sort of street party. I have no idea what it was about because Marianne was sick in bed and I had only popped out to the supermarket. I didn't even get to watch the fireworks! It was still on next day but we had a flight to catch so we couldn't hang around long.



These people started cooking paellas on a large scale. I would have loved to try some but the paella had to wait - the flight wasn't going to! Interesting that they did the cooking right next to those big bins. I think one of them was for paper and the other for organic waste - but even so!


This guy (and a couple of others) appeared to be taking on all comers at sword fighting. In the short time we were there it only seemed kids who were taking them on. The level of swordsmanship was incredibly low, nowhere near Errol Flynn standard. At least the swords were not real!

No comments:

Post a Comment